How to Stay Motivated Through Your Workday
We all have those days. The ones where you have lost all motivation and cannot stay on track with your work. We have some tips on how to stay motivated through your workday.
1. Arrive early – If you arrive late and are running in to ensure your computer is on and you are at the desk before the boss rocks up, chances are you are setting yourself up for a bad day. Arrive early, get a coffee, and organise your day.
2. Make a list – A list can help you stay on track, and you can even take it to the next level by assigning each item on your list a time of day. Crossing items off throughout the day will also help you to stay motivated by having a visual of what you are accomplishing.
3. Stay active – Don’t forget to get up and walk around. A little fresh air for 10 minutes can make all the difference to reset your mind and prompt some motivation to keep working.
4. Schedule a meeting – Sometimes you get in a little work bubble, which in turn makes your everyday tasks become mundane and you lose motivation. Schedule a meeting with your manager or a co-worker to discuss what is happening in other parts of the business. It might prompt a new project that you can help with.
5. Mix things up – Just as stated above, when you get into too much of a routine you can lose motivation. Change up your schedule from day to day. It might be as simple as scheduling your meetings after lunch instead of before, or walking to a new coffee shop or lunch place. Change is as good as a holiday right? Well, maybe not as good, but close.
We have plenty more every day work tips and job search tips for you. Visit our resource centre for more motivation to smash out your workdays.