Twelve Days of Christmas in and Around Melbourne 2018
1.Christmas Tree lighting at Fed Square, and the arrival of Santa! Friday November 30th from 7pm. See Santa arrive, view the tree lighting, and be entertained by performers.
2. Santa’s Mailbox and Gift Giving Box in the Docklands. If you provide a self-addressed return envelope with your letter to Santa, you will get a reply from Santa! Address your letter to the North Pole 9999. While you are there, give a little back to a child in need. Gifts are collected for kids aged 0-14.
3.Myer Christmas Windows. A long-held tradition this holiday season. This year’s theme is Alice in Wonderland. It is free and fun for kids and adults alike.
4. Christmas at Fed Square. If you can’t make it to the official tree lighting, don’t fret. There are plenty of opportunities to enjoy the festivities, including a gingerbread village and a nightly Christmas light show at Fed Square between December 1st and the 25th.
5. Christmas at Crown. Free photos with Santa, Artvo interactive 3D Christmas murals, photos with Santa, daily animatronics display and more!
6. Myer’s Santaland. For a more intimate visit with Santa, visit at your local Myer. Keep in mind that Santa visits specific stores at different times, so check the website for your stores time table.
7. Carols at Como. There are so many carols in December around the Melbourne suburbs. This a great one in the inner suburbs. December 16th 7:30pm – 9:30pm.
8. Family Christmas at Central Park. Enjoy a family friendly event on December 9th 6:30pm – 8:30pm. Music, carols and fireworks to finish.
9. The Light House Christmas light show. Located at the corner of Bourke and Collins. It runs each hour from sunset to midnight.
10. Queen Vic Market Summer Ice Rink. Enjoy some winter wonderland in the middle of our summer. Tickets are available through the link, fun for all ages and all skill levels.
11. The Night Market at Queen Victoria Market. Shop for your loved ones in style at the night markets. Make a night of it with friends and/or family and enjoy some good food and live entertainment.
12. Saturday Christmas Market. While on the subject of shopping, visit the Christmas Market at the Arts Centre December 1st and December 8th 10:00am – 4:00pm to browse some artisan goods and meet the artists.